Meng Fei on his new Sydney restaurant and selling Chongqing noodles online


Meng Fei, the host of China's dating show If You Are the One, returned to Autralia recently to open another noodle shop, this time in Sydney. I caught up with him for a congenial chat about his new line of packet noodles, to be sold online and why he thinks SBS, which airs If You Are the One here, should make him a new show for Australia.

The usual enthusiastic crowd of people greeted Meng in Sydney as they had in Melbourne.
Meng says that he get gets a cooler reaction in his homeland.
“Because the show has been on television for nine years, I have been everywhere, and people are very familiar with the sight of me,” he says. “By myself on a plane or in a shop, people approach me modestly saying, ‘can I have a photo?’ Other than that, I don’t usually get mobbed. But when there is an event like this, it’s different.”

Read the full story at Hello Asia! And look out for his new show, Chinese Dating with the Parents.

Comments